• Racquetball and Fitness Center
    Formerly known as the Sports Fitness Center/Colorado Court Sports, the Racquetball and Fitness Center was purchased by North Jeffco February 15, 1990. Purchase was made possible with Colorado Lottery ...More->
  • Radio Facility
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Railroad Avenue
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Railroad Crew House
    Built ca. 1872. Built for the men building the railroad, this structure was moved to its present location close to the tracks from 315 Spring Street on Bear Creek. Mr. Prinze had it moved to its pre...More->
  • Railroad Station Site
    Built in 1873. It was the station for the Denver, South Park & Pacific Railroad. Freight transported consisted of building stone, marble, lime, fence posts and lumber from saw mills along Bear Creek...More->
  • Railroad Street
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Rainbow Cut
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Rainbow Parks
    Rainbow Parks 1, 2, and 3 are City Parks, approved by the citizens of Arvada in the 1974 Bond Referendum. Rainbow 1 is located on W. 84th Ave. East of Garrison St., Rainbow 2 at W. 81st Pl and Pomona ...More->
  • Raleigh Peak
    Origin of name not learned. The Colorado Trail passes by this peak....More->
  • Ralston
    The Denver and Middle Park Railroad was completed in 1884 from Ralston on the Colorado Central Railroad north of Golden, northwesterly to Glencoe. The town of Ralston was abandoned in 1898....More->
  • Ralston
    Located on the Colorado and Central Railroad between Ralston and Dry Creek (now Van Bibber Creek) to Murphy Coal Mine in 1878. The track was abandoned by 1886. The non-existent settlement was named fo...More->
  • Ralston Buttes
    Eroded, upturned beds of the Fountain formation form two promontories here. A fault zone in the vicinity of Ralston Creek has aided in warping the formation even more. From Golden some residents ref...More->
  • Ralston Cemetery
    Ralston Cemetery was named because it was located near Ralston Crossing. The first burials in the cemetery were the triplets born to S.S. and M.J. Osborn on October 2, 1869. Ira died the day he was bo...More->
  • Ralston Church
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Ralston Cove Park
    Formerly known as "Safeway Park," the name was changed to Ralston Cove Park, located south of Brooks Drive from Garrison Street west to W 59th Place along Ralston Creek. The Student Council at Fitzmor...More->
  • Ralston Creek
    The name Ralston comes from the man who led the gold-seeking party that first discovered gold on that creek June 22, 1850. Lewis Ralston led a group of Cherokee people to this area to look for gold, ...More->
  • Ralston Creek Toll Gate
    "A new road to the Gregory mines is being opened up Ralston Creek. From this city the route is by the Arapahoe Road to a point beyond Clear Creek, then diverging to the north it passes above the Table...More->
  • Ralston Creek Wagon Road
    This road traversed Ralston Canyon to connect with Golden-Boulder Road on east and Gregory Road on west. About 13 miles long. See Golden Quad, Western Foothills Region for toll gate and railroad infor...More->
  • Ralston Crossing
    This community, which is no longer in existence, contained a school, post office, blacksmith shop and stage stop. None of these buildings exist except for Ralston Crossing School, which has been moved...More->
  • Ralston Crossing Elementary School
    This District Number 12 school was built in 1869 at the intersection of Ralston Creek and Indiana St. The school was in the settlement of Ralston Crossing, hence the name Ralston Crossing School. The ...More->
  • Ralston Crossing Post Office
    This was a territorial post office 1863-1866, 1867-1870. Later it became a Colorado post office for six months, April 4, 1887-October 27, 1887. Postmasters who served from 1863-1866: George L. Strope,...More->
  • Ralston Crossing Stage Stop
    The exact date of Ralston Crossing Stage Stop is not known. When the dwelling was razed in the 1970s, the inside walls were insulated with Mankato, Minneapolis newspapers, dated 1856 for the front of ...More->
  • Ralston Diggings
    Gold was discovered, June 22, 1850 by Lewis A. Ralston in the creek named for him. Other prospecting parties followed this group of Cherokees which spurred the Pikes Peak Gold Rush of 1858-59 and open...More->
  • Ralston Elementary School
    Dedicated on January 23, 1955, the Ralston School was named after Lucian M. Ralston, a homesteader who had served 36 years on the Rockland School Board. Next to the cafeteria door, the plaque still r...More->
  • Ralston Gold Discovery Site
    The Lewis Ralston Gold Discovery Site is the location of one of the early Euro-American gold discoveries in Colorado. Although the 1850 strike never yielded large quantities of gold, reports of the ...More->
  • Ralston Pit
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Ralston Point
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Ralston Presbyterian Church
    Ralston Presbyterian Church was probably named because of its close proximity to the community of Ralston Crossing. Mr. and Mrs. Joseph A. Newcomb gave one-half acre of land and a cash donation for th...More->
  • Ralston Ranch
    Captain Lucian Ralston (1830-1894) first scouted Colorado for the federal government in 1855. He was especially moved by Mt. Vernon Canyon (which had no name until Mt. Vernon was founded in 1859). He ...More->
  • Ralston Recreation Center
    North Jeffco acquired the property for Ralston Recreation Park by a joint agreement between the Hoskinson Brothers, the Allen Estate, and Jeffco School District R-1, in 1960. The Center consisted of A...More->
  • Ralston Recreation Park
    Hoskinson Brothers, developers of Allendale Subdivision, deeded land to Jefferson County School District R-1 for Arvada West High School and to North Jeffco Metropolitan Recreation and Park District f...More->
  • Ralston Reservoir
    This reservoir lies in Water District #7 and was built by the City of Denver for their water supply. Construction began 1936....More->
  • Ralston Road
    That portion of Ralston Road running west from Wadsworth Boulevard was originally called Golden Road. When the road was cut east of Wadsworth to Lamar Street, it was called Ralston Road, and the porti...More->
  • Ralston School
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Ralston Springs
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Ralston Springs Coal Mine
    In 1880 this coal mine owned by John Nicholls and John A. Hoaeferned had sunk their shaft 100 feet. In 1881, shaft was down 175 feet with levels at bottom extending north and south 500 feet. Workforc...More->
  • Ralston Stations
    The first Ralston Station and stage stop was built in the early 1860s and located at 6970 Indiana Street on the Cheyenne stage line. Proprietor Spencer Fooshee maintained a lively full house in the e...More->
  • Ralston Tramway Station
    Tramway tracks between Arvada and Leyden were in operation between 1903 and 1950. The line was built by the Denver Northwestern Railroad to haul coal from Leyden to Denver. This passenger station was ...More->
  • Ralston Valley Park
    Ralston Valley Park was funded by developer escrow money and a grant from Land and Water Conservation Fund. The park consisted of 9.4 acres in blue grass, three bridges over Ralston Creek, a playgroun...More->
  • Ralston Wagon Road
    from the Cultural Contexts report, 2004: Ralston Wagon Road (1865) This road ran from near the Murphy Coal Mines on Ralston Creek west toward Central City. Later, it provided access to the Glencoe...More->
  • Ramboz Ditch
    Located in Water District # 7, it was named for Louis Ramboz who purchased it from Jim Baker in 1873. State Engineer's Report show previous adjudication date of October 9, 1895. Claimants in 1936 wer...More->
  • Ramstetter Creek
    This feature was named in 2002 for Ernest Ramstetter (1891-1961) and his wife Gladys (1897-1988), longtime farmers and ranchers in the area. The 2.5 mile (4 km) stream starts in Ramstetter Reservoir, ...More->
  • Rancho Tranquilo
    Agnes Reid Tammen, widow of the Denver Post co-founder Harry H. Tammen, purchased 15 acres on Genesee Mountain in 1930. She had a Spanish-style estate developed similar to those owned by entertainmen...More->
  • Randall Park
    The park is named for Horace Randall, a member of the Wheat Ridge Special Recreation District Board and an ardent sponsor of the early district ball programs. There are baseball, basketball, and footb...More->
  • Rand Ditch
    Located in Water District # 7, the Rand Ditch has a priority dated April 27, 1867. Its water was diverted out of north bank of Leyden Creek. Claimant in 1884 was Charles Rand. The ditch was abandoned...More->
  • Rand Farm
    Charles Rand, a Fifty-niner, homesteaded 160 acres and received his patent from the United States government in 1869. His mother, Lois Rand, followed Charles and his brother George to Jefferson Territ...More->
  • Raymers Gulch
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Red Rocks Park and Amphitheater
    Built in 1937 by Civilian Conservation Corps workers. Idea was test of John Brisban Walker. The architectural design is similar to Dionysus Theatre at the Acropolis in Athens. Formally opened as a...More->
  • Red Rocks School
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Reed Ditch
    Located in Water District # 7, the Reed Ditch had priority No. 14 (August 31, 1865). Claimant in 1884 was Asahel Haines with water diverted from the north bank of Ralston Creek. The ditch was abandone...More->
  • Reed Street Elementary
    Jefferson County School District #8 was organized in 1867 and was an elementary school housed in various buildings at 7101 West 38th Avenue. In 1924, a separate elementary building was constructed j...More->
  • Reed Street Stadium
    Wheat Ridge Reed Street Stadium was established in the 1940s by District #8. It was a natural grass field and had bleachers, a press box, a large score board and eventually restrooms and concession s...More->
  • Reedy House
    Built by William Beckett, c. 1882. The frame house has a cross gabled roof with various shaped windows placed irregularly all around the house. There were various owners and renters throughout the...More->
  • Reno Drive
    When the 1870 plat for Arvada was laid out, the portion from Wadsworth to Dover Street was called Railroad Avenue and later became Reno Drive. Louis A. Reno was the town father who drew up the 1890 pl...More->
  • Reno Juchem Ditch
    Reno Juchem Ditch is in Water District No. 7 and has various priorities from April 4, 1861, out of the north bank of Clear Creek. Claimant for adjudication in 1884 was Reno Juchem Ditch Co. State Engi...More->
  • Reno, Louis House
    John Reno was the first member of the Reno family to come West. He joined the rush to the Colorado gold fields in 1858, and was among the group of miners who panned gold on Ralston Creek. John wrote l...More->
  • Reno Park
    Elbert R. Argersinger subdivided this land September 29, 1889. Area subdivided in home sites 25'X125'. Homes were built two sites and in some cases maybe more....More->
  • Reno Park's First Addition
    The subdivision was named for Louis Reno, a partner of B.F. Wadsworth. Elbert R. Argersinger subdivided the land October 1, 1890. A parcel of ground was subdivided int 48 sites in 4 blocks with each...More->
  • Reno Subdivision
    Elbert T. Argersinger subdivided this land April 25th, 1896. This ground was cut into small acreage sites and offered as small farms and home sites....More->
  • Resort Post Office
    It was established January 15,1880, and discontinued January 3,1881, when it became Vermillion Post Office....More->
  • Resort Valley Ranch
    The ranch formerly provided riding horses for summer camps and for trail-riders. As of 2002, Morgan horses were raised there by Thom and Nancy Harris, and the property was leased to other horse owners...More->
  • Resurrection Lutheran Church
    Some of their members were involved in programs called "active" which participates in community services including Villa Manor Nursing Home and Fort Logan facilities...More->
  • Reynolds/Bray House
    This c. 1889 1-1/2 story, wood frame, cross-gabled, 1,056 sq. ft. bungalow was built by Thomas P. Reynolds. Reynolds was one of the "second wave" of settlers who followed the initial "homesteading"...More->
  • Reynolds Park Trails
    This includes a variety of trails, forested hills, streams, wildlife, picnic areas and campgrounds....More->
  • Rhoads House
    The Rhoads family lived here from 1937 to 1963. Captain Mark Rhoads started and operated the Arvada Community Cold Storage Locker Plant for several years. It was located at 1559 Wadsworth Blvd. nor...More->
  • Rhoads, W. A. Residence/ Golden Pet Shop
    The house was built in c. 1905 by W. A. Rhoads. The house was built as a residential house but an add-on was built in order for it to become a business. It is currently the Golden Pet Shop....More->
  • Rhodes Middle Ditch
    Located in Water District No. 7, it had priority No. 33 (August 1, 1863). Its water was diverted from Clear Creek via north bank of Slough Ditch. Claimant in 1884 was R. H. Rhodes. Reverend R. H. ...More->
  • Rhodes South Ditch
    Rhodes South Ditch was in District #7 and had priority #47 (7-5-1865). Water flowed out of Clear Creek via south bank of Slough Ditch. Claimant in 1884 was R. H. Rhodes....More->
  • Rhodes Subdivision
    R.M. Rhodes subdivided this land January 22, 1891. This was also a gardening area with smaller acreage lots for homes and small farms....More->
  • Richards-Hart Estate
    Named for James W. Richards and Patrick Hart, this was entered on National Register of Historic Places in 1976. A unit of Wheat Ridge Parks system. James W. Richards, a ‘59er, built his "country resid...More->
  • Richards/Lindner House
    This house was built in two sections, at least one of the sections was first built in 1892. The first owner was Elizabeth Richards. W.F. McCartney, an Edgewater real estate agent, owned the lot in ...More->
  • Richmond Hills Subdivision
    Margaret Bentley wrote: “… Richmond Hill is named after a British duke Sherrard, known as Duke of Richmond. It is told he fought in the War of 1812 as a mercenary. For his services he was awarded a pa...More->
  • Ridge
    Ridge was a popularly-used contraction for the name of Ridge Home....More->
  • Ridge Home
    310 acres originally 2 miles west of Arvada was selected by the State of Colorado after a bill creating a home and training school for the mentally disabled was approved by the legislature on May 5, 1...More->
  • Ridgeview Baptist Church
    Located on brow of "ridge" above Clear Creek. Excellent scenic view. Organized: January 15, 1961. Incorporated March 8, 1961. Building groundbreaking October 20, 1963. Completed January 1985. New audi...More->
  • Rio de Chato
    Rio de Chato was the Spanish name given to the South Platte River which forms the southeastern border of Jefferson County. It was named by Juan de Zaldivar, who was commissioned by his uncle (Santa F...More->
  • Risdon Ditch
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Riverview
    A summer resort camp operating from 1922 to 1961 by the Hendrie & Bolthoff Manufacturing and Supply Co. of Denver for the use of employees. It closed as a summer resort in 1961 when the Gulf & Weste...More->
  • Riviere des Padoucas
    Riviere des Padoucas was a French name given to what is now the South Platte River, encompassing the Platte as a whole. It was named so on French maps of the 1700s showing its sources to be in the Pa...More->
  • Riviere la Plat
    This is the French name for what became known as the South Platte River. It was originally named by a party of eight Frenchmen led by the Mallet brothers, who were exploring the river in efforts to f...More->
  • Road Master
    The Road Master was a point of interest along the Colorado Central Railroad consisting of a rock formation standing guard over Clear Creek Canyon....More->
  • Roadside Park
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Robinson-Dudley Cemetery
    This private family plot was recorded as having its first burial in 1900 and the last in 1955. It is presently not being used, but is maintained....More->
  • Robinson Gulch
    About 1.5 miles long. Drains region north of Douglas Mountain; opens on Guy Gulch. Accommodates Robinson Hill Road for about .6 mile. Named for a homesteader who settled west of gulch on flat in Elk C...More->
  • Robinson Hill School
    Built c. 1885. Building: 1-story frame, o.d. approximately 24' x 30', shingle, 4-12 hip roof; 3 windows each on long side; white with green trim outside, light green inside; 1 entrance; large anteroom...More->
  • Robinson House
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Rock Creek
    This creek probably got its name from the very stoney topography through which it flows....More->
  • Rock Flour Mill
    In 1865, the Rock Flour Mill was located on Clear Creek. The large brick Italianate architecture was the original home of David Barnes, Sr. who built it and the Golden Mill. He operated it until he ...More->
  • Rockland Cemetery
    Established in 1880, the cemetery is located behind and to the north of the Rockland Church (old). Approximately 100 local residents are interred here. Katherine L. Craig's grave marker is a large...More->
  • Rockland Community Church (New)
    Built in 1960 on land donated by the Ralston family, the Rockland Community Church, which is a member of the United Church of Christ. Two additions in 1970 and 1990 expanded the church to more than 2...More->
  • Rockland Community Church (Old)
    In 1878, Henry Childs donated a site for a church and a cemetery. It was dedicated and given the name of Rocky Mountain Mission of United Brethren Church in Christ on January 18, 1879, with the unders...More->
  • Rockland School, 1874
    This white frame school was built previous to 1921 about a mile or less west of the old Rockland Church, alongside the Stage Road. It was abandoned in 1936, and no longer exists, when the second Rockl...More->
  • Rockland School, 1939
    This "modern" two classroom school with indoor toilets and a kitchen was built in 1939 on land donated by the Hess family. It had electricity, a furnace and a driveway and parking lot for autos. The...More->
  • Rock Rest
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Rockwell Pit
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Rocky
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Rocky Flats
    Rocky Flats represents a high-level pediment which is being slowly dissected by erosional processes. The deposit is fanned shaped with its apex near the mouth of Coal Creek Canyon and ranges in thick...More->
  • Rocky Flats Lake
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #114
    Built in 1959, this one-story, 72 sq. ft., flat metal roofed structure was the bus stop shelter. It is a small rectangular building of concrete block on a slab foundation. On the east and west sid...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #124
    Designed and built by the Austin Co. of Cleveland, Ohio, in 1953, this 4,250 sq. ft. building housed the water treatment plant. The building has a two-story rectangular main block with a one-story, ...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #125
    This one-story, 12,840 sq. ft. building built in 1965, housed a standards lab used in calibration of sensitive instruments. It is rectangular and has corrugated metal walls on a poured concrete foun...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #126
    This one-story, 448 sq. ft. building was constructed in 1968 to house the source standards lab to calibrate thermoluminescent dosimeters. It is a small, flat-roofed, rectangular building with concre...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #371
    Built by Frank Briscoe in 1981, this four-story ( two underground), 186,000 sq. ft. building housed the recovery and refining of plutonium metal and americium oxide laboratory. It is a rectangular b...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #460
    This one-story, plus mezzanine, 230,000 sq. ft. building was constructed in 1984 and housed the general fabrication, metal and machine shop for non-plutonium pit components, primarily stainless steel....More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #559
    Designed by Bernard Johnson Engineers, Inc. of Houston, Texas, and built by R.W. Mier Construction Co. of Golden, Colorado, in 1967, this one-story, 32,890 sq. ft. building housed the Chemical Analyti...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #701
    This one-story, 5,177 sq. ft. building was built in 1962 and housed the research and development facility to design, build, and evaluate bench scale and pilot scale waste treatment processes. It is ...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #707
    Designed by C.F. Braun & Co. of Alhambra, California, and built by Swinerton & Walberg of San Francisco in 1970, this two-story, 93,800 sq. ft. building housed plutonium manufacturing and plutonium st...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #774
    Designed and built by the Austin Co. of Cleveland, Ohio, in 1953, this structure is an irregular shaped concrete building with a flat roof. The major portion is one story, with a two-story windowles...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #776/777
    Built by Catalytic Construction Co. of Philadelphia in 1956, this 2 + 2 subfloors, 223,000 sq. ft. building was used for plutonium fabrication and assembly. It is an irregular-shaped structure cons...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #778
    Built in 1957, this one-story, 31,200 sq. ft. building housed showers, locker room, sanitary facilities, and laundry for protective clothing and respirators throughout the Protected area, also electri...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #779
    This 2-story, 67,710 sq. ft. building constructed in 1965 was used for research and development to support plutonium production and recovery processes. It is irregular-shaped, flat-roofed building o...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #865
    Designed by C.F. Braun & Co. of Alhambra, California, and built by Swinerton & Walberg Co. of San Francisco, California, in 1972, this one-story, 37,980 sq.ft. building was used as a materials process...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #883
    Built in 1956, this flat-roofed, two-story plus partial basement, 52,350 sq. ft. building was used for rolling and forming uranium parts for weapons operations. It is a rectangular structure with re...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #900
    Built in 1964, this 900 sq. ft. building was part of the east gate guard facilities. It is a small concrete building with a flat-roof and multi-paned windows in metal sash....More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #920
    Built in 1986, this 560 sq. ft. building was part of the east gate guard facilities. It is a small concrete building with a flat-roof and large windows fixed with single panes in metal sash. There ...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Building #995
    Designed and built by the Austin Co. of Cleveland, Ohio, in 1953, this one-story with a basement, 1,206 sq. ft. building is rectangular with two small west wings. The flat-roofed building is concret...More->
  • Rocky Flats Plant - Buildings #900, 920
    These two buildings were the east guard facilities for site access control. Building #900 was built in 1964 and is a one-story, 320 sq. ft., small concrete structure with a flat roof. The multi-pa...More->
  • Rocky Mountain Church of God
    The church was organized with the name Edgewater Church of God, September 6, 1970, after a split from the main church at 5th and Fox. The congregation first met at the Lumberg School in 1970, then ...More->
  • Rocky Mountain Ditch
    Located in Water District #7, the Rocky Mountain Ditch is filled with water diverted from the south bank of Clear Creek. Claimants in 1884 were the Rocky Mountain Water Company. The ditch flows south...More->
  • Romano Family Residence
    Built circa 1928. Historic fox and mink ranch, includes dwelling, stone entry arch, and outbuildings, total 0.986 acres. Designated a county landmark 9/8/2003....More->
  • Rooney Hogback
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Rooney Ranch
    It was one of the largest and one of the first ranches in the Jefferson Territory. The stone house built in 1860 is one of the oldest buildings in Jefferson County still in use and retained by the sa...More->
  • Rooney White Ash Mine
    Located in the Foothills Coal Field, this coal mine was established in 1893 by the White Ash Coal Company. In 1910 it became the Rooney White Ash Coal Company and operated 1910-13 and 1914-15. Mined...More->
  • Roscoe
    Roscoe was a gold mining camp in Clear Creek Canyon a few miles above Golden, which conducted sluice mining there in the 1890s. During the 1930s, dredge mining began at this site....More->
  • Roscoe Prospect
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Rose Acres Baptist Church
    The church started in the Rose Acres Mansion the year of 1953 and was named the Truett Baptist Church for the Reverend George Truett. The present sanctuary was constructed in 1959. The church is a h...More->
  • Rose Acres Estate
    Upon entering the large manor gates on W. 26th Avenue, visitors came into a 37-1/2 acre estate and a wonderland of gardens. The farmland where wild choke cherries had grown was converted by owner Loi...More->
  • Rose Acres Subdivision
    After Mr. Leibhart's death, Rose Acres was sold on October 21,1951 for over $100,000 to Denver meat packers Sam and Morris Sigman. Later the Sigmans subdivided the land for two hundred new homes. Tr...More->
  • Rosedale
    Platted in 1947 by Edward and Burnette Stanfield. Name Source Unknown...More->
  • Rose Haven Assembly of God Church
    Met in Pastors home in Arvada 51st & Harlan. Changed name to Wheat Ridge assembly of God when it moved to Wheat Ridge. At this address 1991 - "Pentecostal Church of the Cross"....More->
  • Rosen Ranch
    The Rosen Ranch was first established in the early 1850s when Swedish immigrant Peter Rosen, traveling by ox team, arrived here after crossing the plains. His wife became ill at Pueblo, necessitating...More->
  • Rose Street
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Ross, John House
    Built ca. 1878. It was a restaurant and a passenger pickup for the stage coach going further into the mountains. John Ross used it as a home after his burned....More->
  • Rubey Block
    No history information currently available for this location.
  • Rubey National Bank
    The Rubey National Bank was built in 1873 and was renovated in 1901. The store front was called the handsomest building in town. The bank was owned by Jesse W. Rubey. Jesse W. Rubey was also a two-...More->
  • Ruby Court
    When one of the neighbors proposed putting the street through, the owner of the property involved objected. But he finally approved of the street if it would be named for his daughter Ruby. This the...More->
  • Rucker/Dickerson House
    This c. 1910 ranch complex was built by Judge Rucker. The main house has a bay window and a second dwelling was constructed in 1930. There were corrals and three storage sheds with a bell on one....More->
  • Russell Diggings
    William Green Russell and his gold seeking party from Georgia arrived on Ralston Creek on June 25, 1858. Accompanying Russell was Lewis Ralston, who had found some flecks of gold in the creek on his ...More->
  • Russell Elementary School
    This Jefferson County District R-1 School was named for Arvada`s first mayor, Dr. Richard Russell (1865-1934). He had served eight terms as mayor between 1904-1923; was president of the Arvada Distric...More->
  • Russell/Foster House
    The Russell/Foster House was built the same year that the Clear Creek Valley Grange was built, in 1874. Benjamin Franklin Wadsworth, first owner of the property, sold it to Lizzie Smith in 1881, when ...More->
  • Russell/Graves House
    The Russell/Graves house was built in 1899, probably by Mr. Nicholls, Arvada Lumber Mill owner. It is a transitional style home, combining late Victorian period with the bungalow architecture. Estelle...More->

Send questions or comments about this Web Site to Planning and Zoning.